My Non-Match Holiday


My holiday in the Algarve coincided with international week, so of course there was no senior fixtures.  However there was the option of the Algarve League with games kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon. The team closest to our hotel was Imortal Deportivo in Albufeira, but as luck would have it they were playing away on that weekend. That same bad luck also meant I missed out on watching Scotland take on Gibraltar in Faroe. With international matches spread over four days, that fixture had to take place on the day I flew back home.
They say bad luck comes in three's, well it does in my case as torrential rain but the dampeners on my planned trip to Guia, so a rare holiday without watching live football. Apart from that we had a fantastic time, so much so I'll have to go back, but book up well in advance to tick off these grounds I sadly missed out on.

I did however have a walk up to the Municipal Stadium in Albufeira to take some pictures for the blog ....


No comments: