The stadium will be constructed on land of the former North Durham Cricket and Rugby Club on Prince Consort Road.
The stadiums key features are;
· Fully covered 9,000 capacity including 2,000 seats
· TTH Architects – previous projects include Liberty Stadium, as well as the rebuild St James Park, Bloomfield Road and Vicarage Road.
· Facilities include Reception and club offices, executive suites and boxes for matchday hospitality.
· 600 car park spaces courtesy of the nearby Civic Centre
· Excellent transport links, close to Metro and bus interchange
· Hopeful completion date - start of 2011/12 season
The Heed Army can at last look forward to finally having our own home, leaving the unpopular International stadium where Gateshead have played since reforming in 1977. The club also have plans to go full time next season, so the future is looking bright with exciting times ahead for the Heed.
More details on the GFC website here