This is the End (beautiful friend)

It's with a heavy heart that I have to declare ‘The 100 Football Grounds Club’ as now officially defunct!

The club has run its course, due to a complete lack of interest from its membership. 

When I launched the site in 2006 there were no social media or phone applications, so this website was the only way to share football ground statistics online. Nowadays, out of the 300 Full and Affiliated club members, only 6 people keep their stats up to date.  This is understandable since the launch of the fabulous Futbology app, made available to log your ground and match stats. 

A massive thank you to everyone who got involved over the last 17 years, and it's been a privilege to meet and make new friends with squad members from all corners of the UK (and a few in Europe)

If anyone would like to update their lists for the final time up to the close of the 2022-23 season, then email me or use the ground adding thread in the Facebook group. 


The site isn't closing down completely though, as I'll continue writing the Heed Hopper blog, mainly as my personal football diary and for my two loyal readers - Stevie Charla and my mate at Tech Set. 


All the best and happy trails!

Shaunee

 


2 comments:

Malcolm said...

Going to miss the site and wrote many articles for it. Never kept up to date with numbers mind as was all a bit too tech for me. Soz but brought up in a age of slide rules and log tables. Been some great reads on this site. All the best and hope i bump into you sometime. Best wishes.

Anonymous said...

On behalf of all of we members thanks for the huge time and effort you have put in and enjoyment created. I have the book, the cap and the memories of Don Valley and Stonebridge Road, happy days.

Best wishes Jonathan